Monday 26 May 2014

Year A - Seventh Sunday of Easter

 Seventh Sunday of Easter - Year 

Apostles Acts 1, 12 - 14
Psalm 26
1 Peter 4, 13 - 16
John 17, 1 - 11


To go further

Details

- " One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek : that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life"
- The house of the Lord is that little house, with a big door and a window. The area of the ceiling is greater than the area of the floor. In Heaven, there is space.
- To enter this house, there is a doormat. We cannot go through the entrance without being pure. Jesus himself comes to purify us. He already starts down here, by the action of the Holy Ghost, with whom we must willingly cooperate.
- In the house, there is a light. It is God's light, the Light in the Darkness.
- The house is in the middle of the desert. There's nothing around it except two plants which are touching the wall of the house, sign of the Creation that leads to God (and comes from Him)
- The rabbit looks embarassed to ask for such a thing, as if he didn't feel worthy enough. From the answer which comes from within, he's not the first one to ask.

Questions

- Is living in the Lord's house every day of my life a desire which I have ? 
- Is it the only thing I'm looking for ? Yes ? No ? Why ?

No comments:

Post a Comment