Monday 23 June 2014

Saint Peter and Saint Paul

Saint Peter and Saint Paul

Apostles Acts 12, 1 - 11
Psalm 33
2 Timothy 4, 6 - 8, 16 - 18
Matthew 16, 13 - 19



To go further


Details

- On this drawing, nothing can help this rabbit except his perseverance. There's nothing but water all around him. If he stops swimming, there will be a problem ...



Questions

- The second letter of Saint Paul to his disciple Timothy was written shortly after his martyr in 67 AD. We can feel that his end is near.
- "Fighting a good fight", that's sometimes using all of one's strength to ... flee. Like on this picture. To fight against sin can be done by either facing it or running away from it. The same Saint Paul, in his epistle to the romans (Rm 12, 9) says : "Hate what is evil, cling to what is good". Sometimes I overestimate my strengths, I think I will stay strong when facing temptation and I put myself into a dangerous situation in front of temptation. Looking for caution is starting to know myself, to know where I am weak and fragile, and avoid putting myself into situations where I have every other chance to fall. If I stay away from this situation, I will have every other chance to avoid fallling.
- What is the sin that often makes me fall ? Have I taken stock of it ? Do I wave a red flag and wait for it to bite me or do I avoid it by staying away from it ?
- What means do I have to run away from it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment