Monday 18 August 2014

Year A - Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time

Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time - Year A
Isaiah 22, 19 - 23
Psalm 137
Romans 11, 33 - 36
Matthew 16, 13 - 20 




To go further 

Details 

- The white hand belongs to God who is planting.
- The pegs are in fact rabbits who are wearing yellow helmets with a red cross on them (the cross is a mark so that they are easily seen and planted). Once the rabbit is planted, there's no more cross on his helmet ; his mission is accomplished. 
-The soil is grey, like stone.
- The legs of the rabbit on the right are ready to enter the soil, a bit like a doweling (impossible to take it out once it's planted). 
- The look in the eyes of  the rabbit on the right is resolute. He's ready.
- The succession of yellow helmets will make clear marks. 

Questions 

- Jesus set Peter in the rock, like his Church.
- What about me, do I trust the Church and its teachings ? Do I take some and leave some ? If so, doesn't that mean that I situate myself above Jesus himself ? 
- Can I receive Jesus without going through his Church ?

No comments:

Post a Comment