Monday 14 September 2015

Year B -Twenty-Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

25th Sunday in ordinary time - Year B

Wisdom 2.12,17-20
Psalm 53
James 3.16-4,3
Mark 9.30-37


To go further

Details

-The grey rabbit tests the blue rabbit. He pretends to look the other way by turning the head, but he still keeps an eye on the reaction of the blue rabbit.
-He taps his left hand against the hammer, to make sure how hard it is.
-He whistles two notes at the same time (which is impossible - try it !)
This means he is two things (his innocent attitude and his action, which is less so).
-The other rabbit, the blue one, the one who is beating the world record for the high jump, he says nothing. His silence makes less noise than the two notes of the whistling rabbit. (Careful, don't think for a moment that I am trying to say that one must always suffer in silence and say "Amen" to everything. I am merely placing the spotlight on another point)

Questions

-This verse from the Bible is the thoughts of the villain who wants to test to find out if God will help.
-What tests have fallen upon me ? Provoked by people who wished to see my Christian reaction when pushed to the limit ?
-How do I react to the violence which is aimed at me ? What are the limits which one must not pass with me ? Do I ask God to help me in these moments is it my nature to take it all for myself ?
-Was my reaction a good example for others ? In what way was it a success

PS. We see that the blue rabbit ascends to the skies very quickly, looking at it that way...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment