Monday 10 August 2015

Year B - Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time - Year B

Proverbs 9.1-6
Psalm 33
Ephesians 5.15-20
John 6.51-58
To go further

Details

-A rabbit is insulted over the telephone. I purposely drew an old telephone to show that it is heavy to carry, just like the words he hears.
-He clenches his teeth, looks to the side, and puts his hand on the mouthpiece so as not to respond. He uses all of his efforts to not respond.
-Underneath the telephone, there is a stack of paper sheets ; « spoken words fly away, the written remains" except that at times, the spoken words that hurt us stay deep within us just as much as the written words.

Questions

-Have I experienced a spoken word which hurts? which denigrates ?
-And I, am I innocent of all harmful words ? The last time that I managed to hold my tongue of such words, when was it ? What good did I take away from the experience ? This means that I am capable. Perhaps I was pushed by a certain Holy Spirit ? Do I think to call Him in these cases, or do I moreover play tit-for-tat ? Why ?

No comments:

Post a Comment